Hop aboard HMS Hops, our fully licensed ferry for an afternoon boat trip, brewery tour and beer tastings on The Bristol Craft Beer Experience – running since 2016. We take the Bristol Ferry on a private voyage down the harbour before heading to Moor Brewery for a tour and tasting, then walking down to Beer Emporium for final tastings – with cheese and meat platters to share.
Duration: 4 hours (approx)
Group size: 35 max (approx)
Saturdays. Check availability to see starting times and available dates.
- Sail down the harbour on a 30 minute boat ride with local beer tastings on board
- Tour of the equipment at Moor Brewery followed by taproom tastings
- End up in Beer Emporium on King Street for some nibbles and final beers
The Bristol Craft Beer Experience starts the day by meeting outside Grain Barge and heading down to the ferry for our private 30 minute tour along the harbour. On board we’ll enjoy a talk and tasting of 2 local beer styles to start the day (nothing too heavy to start). We’ll sail past the old Bristol brewery site, and you’ll hear a little bit about the history of brewing in the city from past to present.
We’ll then head to Moor Brewery where you’ll get a look behind the scenes at the brewing equipment along with a talk from the team on how beer is made at this legendary award winning brewery. After the tour we’ll head inside the taproom to allow time to sample a selection of beers brewed on site.
It’s then a walk down to King Street though Castle Park where we’ll stop to see the site of the old Bristol Brewery (around 20 min walk). We’ll then reach The Beer Emporium for the final tastings of the day and cheese and meat platters to share (these are nibbles rather than a meal however you can get a discount on their excellent pizzas).
✔ Guided tour
✔ Beer tastings and nibbles
Outside Grain Barge, Hotwell Rd, Bristol BS8 4RU (It’s open for breakfast from 10am)
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Under 18’s
Know before you go
- Venues do not have step free access. A ferry with hoist can be arranged but we’ll need to know a few months in advance. Lift available at Beer Emporium.
- At least one tasting at each stop and this will depend on the day, beers available and venues visited.