Join the ever growing UK Brewery Tours team of beer experts from Cicerone® and IBD sommeliers to beer authors, bloggers and even World Beer Awards judges.
Are you interested in sharing your beer knowledge with people interested in hearing what you have to say – whilst earning a bit of extra income?
If you have a great knowledge of beer and the brewing industry then we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for people with background knowledge in brewing and/or beer history in general.
Our current tour guides often do beer tour guiding in between other things such as their own tours, brewing, acting, studying or writing – part of a portfolio career.
You may already be:
- A professional or home brewer
- Worked in local pubs/bars with a decent range of beer
- A beer geek/nerd
- Tour guide with a love of beer
This role is for a freelance (self employed or ltd company freelancer) beer guide who will work on a tour by tour basis and be responsible for delivering the tour to our clients.
You’ll be hired as a tour guide to entertain guests by imparting your knowledge in the form of facts and information you see as appropriate to give them a good rounded experience by the time they finish the tour.
You’ll be free from any supervision and be able to deliver this in your own style and you’ll be ready to go from day one.
You’ll need to be:
- Good at timekeeping (you can’t be late for tours) and patient.
- Outgoing and able to handle different kinds of groups from ‘civilised’ stags to corporate tours.
- Relaxed and good at speaking to groups so everyone can hear you.
- Always growing and developing your knowledge of beer.
- Open to working with different brewery staff and craft beer venues.
- Polite, friendly and inclusive to all types of people.
- Able to think on your feet at times when things don’t go to plan.
- Able to keep guests safe at all times.
We are on the look out for fantastic beer tour guides;
- We have existing tours in a number of cities around the UK and Europe that often need extra guides to cover.
- We have private tours such as corporate events or civilised stag groups looking for something different to do.
- We are always launching new tours in cities all the time and would love to work with you.
Current cities we cover:
London, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, Nottingham, Liverpool plus private groups tours available in a number of other cities available on request.
We are accepting applications for all cities around the UK, Europe and North America at the moment. If you are thinking about adding another income stream to your portfolio career or just looking for some ad-hoc work then this could be the right kind of thing for you.
Interested in joining a growing team of independent beer guides around the the globe? Just fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch if your application is suitable and look to start by getting you out to enjoy one of our existing tours as a guest – so you can see how we role!
Please note that we can’t respond to unsuitable applications so if you don’t hear from us we are sorry and wish you good luck.